Monday 13 June 2016

Top 10 facts about the Witcher 3

Hello

Hello Blogger its me again. I'm back again with another Top 10 Facts, this time it's about The Witcher 3, probably the only good game to come out in the past ten years!

You may be thinking, "there's probably more than ten facts about The Witcher 3?" to which I'd reply "Yes, you are probably right"

Fact Number 1: The Witcher 3 landmass is based on Salford, Manchester.

That's right. CDProjektRed may have you believe that they took inspiration from the book but actually they took inspiration from somewhere a bit closer to home (My home I mean, not theres, Salford is miles away from CDPR.)



You may find this hard to believe, but honestly it's true because this list is called "Top 10 Facts" and that means it's a fact.

When you really think about it though, The Witcher 3 is a land full of absolute creatures, destroyed buildings and the card game Gwent. Not so different now is it?

Fact Number 2: I wish Geralt was my Dad

That's right. Without any shadow of a doubt I really wish he was my Dad. When I was growing up as a child I was endlessly frustrated by the complete lack of spells my Dad could cast. Whenever I asked him to use Axii he simply gave me a confused stare and threatened to leave.

Geralt and I during my imagined childhood. 

Thankfully it wasn't an empty threat and he quickly took off once I asked him about his intentions with a piece of filth I'd found.

Fact Number 3: All the creature are inspired by 3 boybands

That's right. East 17, 5ive and One True Voice all provided inspiration for the weird and wonderful creatures present in the world of The Witcher 3.

There's a little known easter egg that I'm surprised hasn't been put on Youtube yet. If you go to Skellige, meditate for 48 hours, put vampire oil on each of your blades and then spin around, you'll be greeted by a lute player who will play the East 17 classic "Stay another Day." Don't believe me? Try it, then kick off. Fucking doubters.

Fact Number 4: It took me over 100+ to finish TW3

That's right. It did!

Fact Number 5: Peter Jackson played through TW3 before starting work on his LOTR Trilogy

That's right. Peter Jackson loves Lord of the Rings I think (This isn't a Peter Jackson facts list so I can't be certain) but it was his love for Geralt and Dandelion that convinced him that it was possible to bring J.R.R Tolkeins classic audiobook trilogy to the big screen.

A rare set photo of Peter Jackson in full Witcher gear whilst filming "Lord of the Rings: Double Tower"
Fact Number 6: Geralt

Fact Number 7: There are only 6 Facts about The Witcher 3.

That's right. If you read the first paragraph again you'll see that I said "You're probably right" not definitely. Learn to read.

Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment